When looking at the advantages of hosted vs on premises, there are 4 main areas to look at: cost, technical resources, security and intervention flexibility.
One of the biggest incentives to move to the cloud is related to cost.
- Predictable cost over time.
- No upfront investment on hardware and infrastructure software.
- The following costs are absorbed by SOLABS:
- Low-level infrastructure investments and deployment costs
- Software Licenses (Windows, SharePoint, SQL, Cals per user)
- Maintenance contracts for equipment
- Software assurance
- Labour deployment and maintenance costs associated with system install, management & maintenance
- Backup solution
- High availability / redundancy
- Training & certification of your technical team
In an era where most companies are outsourcing their IT management; using hosted services make things even easier.
- There is no need to have access to a wide range of specialties to support the solution: technical support experts, network engineers, security engineers, database administrators, etc.
- There is no need to dedicate resources to oversee each intervention.
- There is no need for any IT resource to manage the solution, the only support needed is for your users to have the requirements configured on their workstation.
Security is high on everyone's list; as it should be. Using a cloud service provided such as SOLABS provides you with following:
- Security is tailored for the product requirement.
- Security is managed by SOLABS:
- Reverse proxy in high availability
- Firewalls in high availability
- System updates at each maintenance
- Anti-virus software
- Controlled access for remote connection to hosting environment
- Controlled access for physical access to equipment
- Initial deployment is facilitated as SOLABS manages the infrastructure for clients.
- SOLABS' system integrators are well trained to operate in our cloud environment.
- Easier to deploy fixes and updates to SOLABS QM services.