In order to always offer the best and most efficient practices, the support team is making the following changes to its practices :
1- The use of personalized users for investigation and intervention purposes. *
In order to be compliant with today’s standard IT practices. Support and Engineering employees will be required to use their own User Accounts when connecting to a client’s environment rather than use the generic "Support" user. This will allow more transparency and traceability.
- All employee users will be created using the default support account.
- All employee users will be identified with the “@solabs.com” nomenclature (ex: email@example.com)
- Those users will not count in your user count for the purpose of calculating your annual fees
- Some tools and employees from other departments may still use the generic "solabssupport" account therefor we will not deactivate it.
* Clients who uses SSO options are excluded from this practice. A reference to this practice is made in SOLABS' SOP000027 (Intervention Handbook), section 6.4.3.
2- Automatic scheduling of interventions and updates within test and validation instances.
SOLABS is now scheduling interventions and updates immediately within our clients Test and Validation instances. Clients will be advised of interventions at least 48h in advance and support will still await a client’s permission before proceeding with production updates/intervention.
This reduces the scheduling turn around time and allows us to gain up to 7 days in efficiency in delivering fixes and updates to clients !
3- Automatic flash of PROD to VAL data before an update.
Support always includes a Flash Prod to Val’s intervention (transferring current production data within validation instance) before updating your validation instance in order to make sure that current data is available for User Acceptance Testing.
For any questions, you can contact our support team at : firstname.lastname@example.org.