We often hear it, a new version of this, a new release of that! but what does it actually means? and how does it work at SOLABS?
A new release is the accumulation of multiple changes made to a software or a solution. We refer to a release for a solution of multiple software interacting together and a version for specific software. At the end of the day, both terms introduce changes versus their previous iteration.
At SOLABS we offer a solution to our client, an experience. Therefore our release can introduce changes to any of the services defined within our offering.
What is Our High-Level Release Workflow
1. We select candidate changes in all of our 8 categories:
- Known issue
- Cloud offering enhancement
- Packaging and delivery enhancement
- Infrastructure enhancement
- Security and performance enhancement
- QM APPs enhancement
- New feature
- UI Enhancement / User experience
2. We create a master plan which includes all the changes and build a timeline for the release.
3. Work is scheduled according to the plan.
4. Work is broken into passes (development, informal, formal, qualification, release).
4. The work & the plan are reviewed each week by all main actors.
Please sign in to leave a comment.