Microsoft has announced the end of life of Internet Explorer 11 for June 15 2022 and will force migration to the Edge Browser via a Windows update.
For more information, you can read the following articles :
How will this impact the SOLABS QM solutions?
SOLABS QM10 is not compatible with Internet Explorer. (More information can be found here).
SOLABS QM 2.8 (no longer officially supported)
SOLABS QM 2.8 was originally created to run on Internet Explorer and has not been updated to support the recent browsers. In a best-case scenario, clients using this solution should NOT install this Windows update. This will allow users to keep using Internet Explorer.
However, if this is not an option for your organization, we suggest the following :
1- Activate the compatibility mode within Edge:
- Go to ... (top right of your browser) → settings.
- Then navigate to: Default Browser and set the option "Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode" to "Allow"
- Click Add on the "Internet Explorer mode pages" option and enter your SOLABS QM 2.8 URL.((When logging into Edge on the website, you will have a warning that the webpage is open in compatibility mode, you can simply ignore this warning)
The currently known issues* when using SOLABS QM 2.8 with Edge in compatibility mode are:
- The left and right menus are slightly off (but still work as intended)
- Embedded popups (such as a calendar date selection menu) do not show. Fields need to be populated manually.
- When submitting a new process, if a mandatory field was forgotten, you will need to reload the page and reenter all values before submitting once more.
- After uploading a document (file), you will need to immediately press the submit button or else the page will reload and you will lose the uploaded document. Once, you've submitted the document, you can then modify it to enter the required metadata.
*This is a non-exhaustive list of currently known issues. SOLABS is not responsible for maintaining know issues with regards to SOLABS QM 2.8 compatibility with Edge. SOLABS will not perform formal testing on this matter.