When looking at the advantages of hosted vs on premises, there are 4 main areas to look at: cost, technical resources, security and intervention flexibility.
One of the biggest incentives to move to the cloud is related to cost.
- Predictable cost over time.
- Low yearly fee.
- Cheaper upfront investment.
- The following costs are absorbed by SOLABS:
- Software Licences (Windows, SharePoint, SQL, Cals per user)
- Deployment cost of the infrastructure
- Maintenance contracts for hardware
- Software assurance
- Labour maintenance cost associated with system management & maintenance
- Backup solution
- High availability / redundancy
- Training & certification of your technical team
In an era where most companies are outsourcing their IT management; using hosted services make things even easier.
- There is no need to have access to a wide range of specialties to support the solution: technical support experts, network engineers, security engineers, database administrators, etc.
- There is no need to dedicate resources to oversee each intervention.
- There is no need for any IT resource to manage the solution, the only support needed is for your users to have the requirements configured on their workstation.
Security is high on everyone's list; has it should be. Using the hosted service provides you with following:
- Security is tailored for the product requirement.
- Security is managed by SOLABS:
- Reverse proxy in high availability
- Firewalls in high availability
- System updates at each maintenance
- Anti-virus software
- Controlled access for remote connection to hosting environment
- Controlled access for physical access to equipment
- Initial deployment is easier and faster since we have access to the infrastructure.
- Our intervention specialist is well trained to operate in our hosted environment.
- Easier to rollout SOLABS QM updates.