Using the Excel Datasets available on the SharePoint Reports Portal, you can create customized reports by either removing information you may not need from a Dataset or combining information from multiple Datasets. Once you have the desired information in your customized spreadsheet, you can use Excel functionality to filter, sort, create graphs, create pivot tables - whatever you may need! You can then upload your new Excel Dataset back to the SharePoint Reports Portal, where the data will be updated on the same frequency as the original Datasets.
The attached guide provides detailed instructions, screen shots and an example scenario to help you learn how to create Custom Excel Reports from the existing Excel Datasets in your SharePoint Reports Portal.
- Locate and download the required Excel dataset file(s) from your SharePoint Reports Portal onto your local computer.
- Create a combined Excel Dataset File if you are working with multiple dataset files.
- Update your new Excel Dataset File as needed, including hiding columns, filtering or sorting the data, creating pivot tables, etc.
- Save your new Excel Report & Dataset file with a new title that is meaningful for the intended use.
- Upload your new Excel Report file back to the SharePoint Reports Portal.
- You can now use the new Excel Report & Dataset file directly in SharePoint using one of the following options:
- Click it to open and use it in your browser. When doing this, MAKE SURE to click Data > Refresh all Connections to ensure the datasets and any pivot tables are refreshed with the most recent data.
- Download a copy to your local computer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.